It is here (opens in a new window)
Like all good tutorials, it leaves some unfinished business – i.e. how can the student develop the game further to iron out the kinks and add some features.
Here is my wishlist for version 1.1:
- Add some variation to the ball direction when it hits the paddle, e.g. when it hits the corner of the paddle
- Add a target score and winner
- Make scoring a bigger deal graphically
- (Maybe) make the ball square (I think it was square in the original game in the 1970’s)
- Increase the ball speed if there is a long rally
Which might get done over Christmas. And might not.